Roast Lamb with Mint Sauce & Crispy Oven Potatoes
- 1 Aussie bone in lamb leg
- 1 bulb of garlic (3 cloves peeled & crushed, the others left whole)
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary (half the leaves removed & chopped, half in sprigs)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Iliada extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Maldon sea salt
- 1kg potatoes (peeled & cut in half)
- 2 tbsp Nomu lamb rub
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of Maldon sea salt
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp Galletti apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- Place the lamb leg & potatoes into a large tray.
- Mix the crushed garlic, chopped rosemary, olive oil & the Nomu lamb rub. Poor the marinade onto the lamb & potatoes. Add the rosemary sprigs & whole garlic cloves to the tray, season with salt & pepper with a drizzle of olive oil. Place tray into oven
- Cook the lamb for approximately an hour and 15 min for medium rare doneness, or an hour & a half if you want it more well done.
- Remove from oven & cover with foil. Allow to sit for 15 min before serving.
- To make the mint sauce, mix all ingredients together until evenly incorporated.
- Carve & serve with potatoes & mint sauce.
Tip: Try adding other veggies with the potatoes, such as carrots, zucchini & peppers