- 2 cups Digestive biscuits (finely crushed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 900g cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ponthier frozen raspberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180ºC & grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- To make the crust, combine the crushed biscuits, sugar and melted butter in a large bowl and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Spread the crust mixture evenly over the bottom of the springform pan & about 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Place in the fridge and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl add the sugar, cream cheese & four. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, while constantly beating the mixture. Add the whipping cream, lemon zest & vanilla extract; beat until incorporated.
- Remove the crust from the fridge & poor in the filling.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 15 min. Then lower the oven temperature to 120ºC and bake for another 60-90 min or until firm with the center being slightly wobbly.
- Remove from oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with berries scattered on top.