- 1 Cup 5 Stars All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Powdered or Icing Sugar
- 1/8 tsp.Maldon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Paysan Breton
- Unsalted Butter
- (Cut into pieces)
- 1 Sachet Carmencita
- Homemade Custard Mix
- 4 Cups Milk
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Cups Fresh or Ponthier
- Frozen Berries
- Butter an 8-9 inch tart pan.
- In a food processor blend the flour, powdered sugar, and salt until combined. Add the butter and pulse until the pastry begins to form clumps. Place the pastry dough into the greased tart pan, using your fingertips to press the dough evenly on the bottom and sides of the pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork in order to prevent the crust from puffing.
- Cover and place the pastry crust in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the tart pan in the center of the oven and bake until the crust is golden, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup of milk and the Carmencita Custard mix; add sugar.
- In a saucepan, bring 3 cups of milk to a boil, and add the custard mix, stirring until it thickens (around 2 min).
- Take the custard off the heat and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
Evenly spread the custard onto the baked and cooled tart pastry. Assemble the berries on top of the custard and serve.