- 1 Gourmet whole Norwegian salmon fillet
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- Juice from half a large lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs such as dill/tarragon/chives
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- Maldon sea salt
- Black pepepr
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Rinse the salmon fillet, then pat completely dry with paper towels. Place the fillet skin-side down onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together half the oil with both the mustards, lemon juice, garlic, chopped herbs, and a good amount of salt & pepper. Spread this mixture out evenly onto the surface of the salmon. Arrange the lemon slices on top, then drizzle with the rest of the oil. (*TIP: at this point, you could cover the whole tray with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge up to overnight until ready to cook.)
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until opaque and flakes easily, but still moist. Serve warm, at room temperature, or even cold, with extra chopped fresh herbs or a simple yoghurt sauce with lemon if you wish.
- Once cooked, you may flake apart the flesh with a fork and use it in salad or pasta sauces.
- This recipe can also be made with single-portions of salmon fillets; follow the same method and recipe, but keep an eye on the fillets while cooking, as they will only need around 20-25 minutes in the oven.
Recipe from Matters of the belly