- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp almonds, ground
- 1 kg red plums, pitted, halved & cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot jam
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- For the curst, combine the flour, butter & salt in a food processor. Pulse mixture twice; butter should still be chunky. Add the water & mix for 5 seconds, until dough sticks together.
- Gather dough into a ball, & roll out on floured surface into a large oval with even thickness.
- Drape the dough over the rolling pin & move to a baking sheet. Chill for 20 min until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- For the filling, mix the sugar with the almonds & flour in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly over the dough, leaving 2 inches of edges.
- Place the plum wedges on top in a circular pattern. Fold the edges of the crust on top of the crust to create a border. Sprinkle border with a bit of sugar.
- Bake the galette in the centre of the oven for 1 hour, until crust is slightly brown.
- Spread some of the jam over the hot fruit. Set aside to cool before serving.