- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp. White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Ice Water
- Ponthier Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Sugar or Agave Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. ginger chopped
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Cup sliced almonds
- Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Streusel: Mix flour, sugar, ginger orange peel, and salt in blend or processor. Add the butter and blend to form coarse crumbs. Blend in milk. Move to medium bowl, stir in almonds.
- Filling: Gently toss berries, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch and remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar in a small bowl. Add to berry mixture and gently toss to coat. Transfer berry mixture to crust; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and reduce temperature to 175°C. Sprinkle streusel over berry filling on pie. Return pie to oven and bake until crust is golden brown (approximately 40 minutes). Remove pie and place on rack and cool completely.