- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 1/4 cup Gourmet vegetable stock
- 225g emmental cheese, grated
- 225g gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Gourmet freshly baked bread,
cut in small pieces
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic halves & then dispose the garlic.
- Add the stock & lemon juice to the pot & heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add a handful of cheese at a time to the mixture, stirring constantly & not adding more cheese until the previous cheese has melted.
- Add the cornflower to the cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Season with white pepper & nutmeg.
- Remove pot from the heat & place over a safety burner on the table.
- Adjust the burner flame so the fondue continues to simmer gently.
- Serve with bread pieces on skewers & dip into the creamy fondue!