- 300g Australian Lamb Leg, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups Gourmet Essentials vegetable stock
- 800g canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- To serve, chopped parsely or coriander & juice of 1 lemon
- Season lamb with sea salt & fresh pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large casserole dish & add the lamb.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 min. until evenly browned. Remove meat & set aside.
- Add the onions to the casserole dish followed by the garlic & capsicum. Sauté for 1-2 min. & then add the seared lamb cubes.
- Add the stock, celery, spices, bay leaf, chickpeas & tomatoes.
Bring to a boil & simmer for 40 min. Add the pumpkin & simmer for
an additional 20 min.
- Stir in a handful of the parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice & serve
with basmati rice.