- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 jar dried Sabarot porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups Gourmet Essentials chicken stock, kept warm on low heat
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Maldon sea salt
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 20 min. or until soft. Drain & reserve the water. Be sure to separate the reserved liquid from the sediment.
- Heat the olive oil & 3 tbsp butter in a large heavy based saucepan, add the onion & garlic & saute over low heat until soft.
- Add the rice & cook it, stirring constantly for 3 min. until it becomes translucent.
- Add half a cup of the mushroom water & stir until it has been absorbed by the rice, then add another cup & repeat method.
- Slowly ladle in the chicken stock, allowing each ladle to be absorbed before adding more & stirring regularly.
- With the last two ladles, add mushrooms, grated parmesan, chopped parsley, 3 tbsp butter & season with sea salt & black pepper. Give it a good stir until your cheese has melted & the butter has been disolved.
- Serve immediately while hot & garnish with fresh parsley, parmesan & black pepper.