- 1 Gourmet Fresh Country Loaf
- 4 tbsp La Cucina di Vita Pesto
- Maldon sea salt
- 1 eggplant, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in wedges
- 1 Portobello Mushroom, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Gourmet fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Heat your grill.
- In a bowl, combine the eggplant, mushrooms, bell peppers & onions. Add a couple lugs of olive oil, a splash of balsamic, a grind of black pepper & sea salt. Toss gently until veggies are evenly coated.
- Grill your veg, turning once until slightly charred & tender. Approximately 10-15 min.
- Cut the country loaf into 1 inch slices.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1 tbsp of our fresh pesto. Sandwich the grilled veggies on top with a slice of mozzarella & fresh arugula.
*Gourmet tip: If you like, you can toss your bread on the grill for a couple of minutes with a drizzle of olive oil.