- Fresh chard leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned
- Fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
Ginger peanut sauce:
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Fresh ginger
- Grate some ginger and squeeze in the palm of your hands to extract 2 tbsp of ginger juice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until well blended with a thick buttery consistency.
- Remove half of the mixture for dipping later.
- Add 2 tbsp soy sauce and 4 tbsp of sweet chili sauce and blend again till consistency is lighter.
- In a wok combine sesame oil, spring onions and ginger. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, cook for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, peppers and stir in ginger peanut sauce to the wok. Let it cook for additional 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Wash the chard leaves and steam for 2 minutes to soften.
- Separate chard leaves
- Spoon some Thai chicken mixture into the centre of a single chard leaf
- Fold the sides in and roll
- Repeat for remaining leaves
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
Serving Suggestion: Add thinly sliced red chilies, cashews and sprinkle sesame seeds.