- 2 Certified Angus Beef ®porterhouse steaks (500-700g each)
- 100g organic baby potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter or cooking oil
- 100g asparagus, thick bottoms snapped off, stalks cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, fennel, onion, garlic, butter, salt and pepper in aluminum foil and seal tightly
- place on medium-high grill to steam, approximately 20 minutes or bake in oven for 15 mins on 250C
- In a pan, add asparagus and stir on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes,
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan, over medium-high heat and add oil or butter
- Add steaks and cook until a deep brown crust forms on underside (do not turn) for about 4 minutes.
- Turn steak and cook for another 5-7 minutes. (for medium doneness)
- Remove steaks and let rest for 5 minutes. Do not discard pan juices.
- Serving suggestion: Serve steak with vegetables and top with the remaining buttery pan juices.