- 2 Gourmet Norwegian Salmon steaks
- 1 pack Gourmet Fresh Pappardelle
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiana reggiano
- 150g Gourmet Norwegian Smoked Salmon
- 1 spring onion finely chopped.
- 50g black caviar (optional)
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
*Gourmet Tip: If you are in a hurry, use our La Cucina di Vita ready-made salmon sauce, made with all natural and fresh ingredients.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped spring onion and cook for 1 min. (Don’t let it brown or the sauce will become bitter).
- Add the smoked salmon to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, flake the smoked salmon white stirring for 2 min.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it boil with the rest of the ingredients for 2 min.
- Add the grated parmigiano and the cooking cream. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Simmer for 2 min until you have a slightly thick consistency, then set aside.
- Rub the salmon steaks on all sides with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle both sides with sea salt.
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with vegetable oil and place on medium high heat until almost smoking.
- Place the salmon skin side down and cook for 3-4 min on each side or until both sides are lightly browned and crisp.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pappardelle and cook according to packet instructions.
- Drain and add to the rose sauce. Toss gently until pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- To serve, place the pappardelle on the plate with a salmon steak on top. Add a spoonful of caviar on top of the salmon.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.